当前位置:乐求学 >

职场生涯 >职场英语 >

走遍美国教学视频文本26:It’s Up to You ACT II

走遍美国教学视频文本26:It’s Up to You ACT II

走遍美国教学视频文本26:It’s Up to You ACT II

ACT II
  Sorry, Robbie. Sorry to be late this morning, 对不起,Robbie。今天早上迟了点,
  but, well, we’ve still got some time for a cup of coffee. 不过,我们还有喝杯咖啡的时间。
  I can’t wait to see my old pal Charley Rafer. 我真想早点见到老友Charley Rafer。
  Neither can I. 我也一样。
  So you thought about it, huh? 你考虑过了吗?
  Yes, I have, Dad. 是的,我考虑了,爸爸。
  Well, I’m glad. 那好,我很高兴。
  I knew you’d realize 我知道你会认识到
  that this interview could be an important experience for you. 这次面谈是一次很难得的经验
  I came to that conclusion. 我的结论也是这样。
  That’s very wise, Robbie. 这是很明智的',Robbie。
  Very wise. 非常明智。
  Now let’s head off for the city and the university club. 现在我们进城去,到大学俱乐部。
  Thanks, Dad. 谢谢,爸爸。
  Thanks ... for what? 谢什么?
  Thanks for hearing me out. And ... 谢谢你听我的意见。而且……
  And ...? 而且……?
  And thanks for being such an understanding father. 而且谢谢你是这样一位善于了解我的父亲。
  Well, thank you, Robbie. Thank you. 嗯,谢谢你,Robbie。 谢谢你。
  Philip Stewart! Philip Stewart !
  It’s great to see you! 真高兴见到你!
  Charley Rafer--you look as young as ever. Charley Rafer ---你看起来就跟以前一样年轻。
  You must be Robbie. 你就是Robbie吧。
  Hi. 你好。
  Yes, this is my youngest son Robbie. 是的,这是我的小儿子Robbie。
  Robbie, I want you to meet Robbie,我要你见见
  one of the best tennis players on the Michigan team-- 当年Michigan球队最好的网球选手之一--
  Charley Rafer. Charley Rafer。
  Nice to meet you, Dean Rafer. 很高兴见到你,Rafer主任。
  Well, are you as good a tennis player as your dad? 嗯,你是否像爸爸那样是一名优秀的网球选手呢?
  No, I’m not very good at it. 不,我网球不行。
  Frankly, neither was I. 坦白的说,我当年也不行。
  Charley was the star of the team. Charley是当时队里的明星
  Yeah. Thanks. 凑数的,谢谢你。
  Well, how’re you been, Philip? 嗯,这些年来怎么样,Philip?
  Oh, working too hard. 噢,工作太累人了。
  Doesn’t show. 倒是看不出来。
  How’s Ellen? Ellen怎么样?
  Fine, thank you. 很好,谢谢。
  And how’s Marge? Marge怎么样?
  She’s still giving the toughest English history exams 她仍用最难的英语史试题考学生
  in the school and loving every minute of it. 在学校乐此不倦。
  And speaking of minutes, 谈到时间,
  I have interviews until noon, 我从现在到中午有一系列的面谈,
  so why don’t we get right to work? 我们现在就开始工作,好吗?
  Can you have lunch with us later? 晚些时候,你能与我们一起共进午餐吗?
  I’d love to, Philip, but I’m afraid I can’t. 我很想,Philip,但是我恐怕不行。
  I’m only here two days, 我只有两天时间,
  and I have interviews with twenty-six applicants. 而要面谈的申请人有二十六位。

  • 文章版权属于文章作者所有,转载请注明 https://m.leqiuxue.com/zcyywx/jmpwyy.html